Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource is working in partnership with a major client in the UK. We are currently recruiting an Control Planner to be based around Oxford for a Contract role.
Job Title: Control Planner
Location: Oxford (2 days per week onsite)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
- Accountable for the planning, steering and target achievement through plant wide controlling activities
- Responsible for the accuracy of project and periodical controlling and endurance of its consistency.
- Responsible for the compliance with local terms and conditions.
- Responsible for the allocation of budget, headcount, and time per unit targets to cost centre level and annual requirements (Jahresbedarfe) to the relevant business areas.
- Responsible for the target achievement of budget, headcount, and time per unit targets.
- Responsible for reporting actual costs and related KPIs (heads, time per unit), providing the necessary inputs for statutory reporting.
Key accountabilities of the function
- Coordinates financial planning, steering, and reporting of Plant budget and provides first line a regular status on monthly actuals vs. target (SIV), monthly full-year forecast and prepares first line decisions.
- Integrates period targets from Group, Division and Plant level into the financial period planning.
- Acts as key interface to central Controlling, local financial technology steerers and controllers.
- Steers, agrees and controls target allocation and defines necessary actions for target achievement.
- Ensures financial compliance with local entity, BMW Group and external requirements.
- Provides training for and gives advice to financial technology steerers.
Impact on innovations and changes
- Continuous process improvement in terms of process efficiency (eg, reduction of lead times and required resources, utilisation of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and introduction of self-service reports)
- Improved transparency on current performance, further short-, mid- and long-term potentials and required decisions to achieve period as well as strategic cost and headcount targets.
- Review of process effectiveness (eg, effectiveness of cost-down measures and to improve forecast quality)
Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate
- (eg, What is communicated how to whom?)
- Consolidation of financial and headcount planning of plant technologies.
- Information sharing on monthly performance, full year forecast for current and next period with first line plant, preparation of first line decisions and information sharing with central process partners.
- Mandate to propose process changes or additional activities to achieve the targets within the plant.
- Exchange with central controlling on premise changes, additional targets, new projects, and communication of changes to first line plant and plant technologies.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent (eg, Degree, Membership of Chartered Institution) preferably in a finance/business related field.
Work experience, Leadership experience
- Experience in financial technology steering or controlling required.
- Knowledge of the month-end, Forecast and Budget process, including definitions of cost categories, headcount planning, and management required.
- Awareness of health, safety, and environmental issues relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Experience in working with highly capable teams and process partners required.
- International experience and cross-functional work experience desired.
Additional skills: special skills/technical ability etc.
- Excellent analytical, reporting and highly developed communication skills required to produce an understandable financial status and to propose adequate actions to the business.
- Good network into Controlling and Accounting departments as well as Product Line and project management of headquarter beneficial.
- German language skills desired.
Intelligent Resource Limited acts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Amplify your job search: