Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Deskside Support Engineer III - perm position
Up to £29,400
The successful candidate will travel between sites when required, working 37.5-hours per week, Monday - Friday between the hours of 08:00 - 18:00.
Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate will need to either hold or be able to obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress with applications from British nationals.
Working as part of the team you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance and flexible holiday to name a few.
Key tasks/responsibilities include:
* Act as a Deskside Services point of contact for users providing the technical resolution of desktop incidents (both hardware and software) as well as requests for moves/changes
* Manage own tickets throughout their Lifecycle and prioritise work to effectively achieve the SLA
* Ensure aged tickets are appropriately addressed; pended tickets are updated and monitor SLAs in Real Time to ensure compliance
* Keep the customer updated throughout the life of an incident; ensuring satisfactory call resolution is achieved
* Update the Incident Management System, clearly specifying the progress and call resolution details
* Ensure high priority/impact incidents are resolved using exceptional care, speed and efficiency
* Work closely with the Operations Manager as your point of contact for service delivery escalations
* Handle and/or co-ordinate the resolution of technical and client issues, escalating to the Operations Manager or Service Delivery Manager, as necessary
* Recommend service improvements to management and participate in the implementation of them
* Perform tape changing activities and remote hands for locally based Servers and co-ordinate them in satellite sites
* Full, clean UK driving licence with access to own vehicle
* Self-motivated team player with good technical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and enjoy working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
* Take pride in the quality of your work and enjoy being part of a highly motivated team
* Be willing and able to learn new technology and skills
* Ability to understand the demand of our client's business and turn this into customer led solutions
* Technical experience/knowledge of the following:
* Windows 7 and later
* Adobe Acrobat suite
* MS Office Suite and MS Outlook
* Lotus Notes
* Remote Control Software including Remote Assist and RDP
* Internet Explorer
* MacAfee Anti-Virus/spyware
* Symantec Endpoint Services
* Active Directory
* PC Hardware and Architecture
* Technical Microsoft Accreditations
* Service Management (ITIL) awareness
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Amplify your job search: