Supervisor, Special Investigations Unit (SIU)
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Assurant
As a Supervisor, youwill be responsible for managing the day to day activities of a team of SIUpersonnel. This management position serves as an instrumental componentof the day to day activities within the Special Investigative Unit.Primary functions include reviewing and assigning referrals from the claimsdepartment or from analytics, coordinating, directing and overseeinginvestigative activities of an SIU team to include support staff, analysts andinvestigators. Key accountabilities include leadership, support and coaching toensure compliant investigations, technical knowledge, assignment and workloadmanagement. Lead meetings in collaboration with unit management tocommunicate goals with direct reports and reinforce/monitor behavior thatfurthers technical performance expectations.
Maintain SIUstandards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficientoperation of the assigned team. Supports the investigative and claims processby leading, guiding and directing investigations including complex casesthrough the identification of advanced fraud platforms to include artificialintelligence, machine learning and RPA technology.
- Coordinateresources to property investigate external risks associated with organizedfraud.
- MaintainSIU standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and theefficient operation of the assign team.
- Developsand presents verbal and written investigative and management reports.
- Servesas a resource and mentor to team members.
- Assistsin the delivery of fraud awareness training initiatives throughoutAssurant.
- Acquiresand applies a working knowledge of state laws and regulations pertainingto insurance fraud.
Develops and presentsverbal and written investigative and management reports
We offer amanagement career path and individual coaching and development in aprofessional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidizedgroup benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day ofemployment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
- Basic QualificationsRequired - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims P&Cenvironment with preferred emphasis within SIU.
- Minimum of 1 years of supervisory/management or team lead experienceincluding coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office .
- Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting service standards
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions