Teacher of English
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Harris Academy Wimbledon
We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified teacher of English to help build on the foundations for outstanding teaching at the brand new Harris Academy Wimbledon.
Your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach English from KS3 to KS5. You will need to be a creative team member with presence and authority, who is able to deliver consistently good lessons.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner/Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Academy Wimbledon
Harris Academy Wimbledon is a brand new, co-educational school for the High Path area. For the first two years, the academy will operate from Whatley Avenue in the redeveloped and well equipped adult education centre, and students will have access to sports fields at the nearby Joseph Hood Recreation Ground. The academy admitted 120 Year 7 pupils in September 2018 and will build year by year, with an intake of 180 pupils in each year group from September 2019. Our new building, opening in September 2020, will be an addition to the regeneration of the High Path area.
Why work at Harris Academy Wimbledon?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students;
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the academy grows;
- All the advantages of a highly successful academy group, including strong central support and outstanding CPD opportunities.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Wimbledon are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call or email to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.