Logistics Manager - East London
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Anonymous
- Discharge responsibility for Health and Safety as set out in project specific health and safety plan.
- Promote and integrate behavioural safety initiatives through induction, presentation and on-site management.
- Assessing and commentating on the adequacy of method statements and risk assessments.
- Research best practice and communicate new initiatives in relation to the logistical aspects of the project.
- Ensure that Client's submittals, requests for information and clarifications are promptly and completely responded to using Company's document control system.
- Prioritise work and allocation of resources.
- Prepare progress reports and present data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for chairing regular trade co-ordination meetings to ensure that information is cascaded in a timely manner.
- Undertake on-site safety, environmental and quality assurance inspections.
- Ensure actions are recorded and closed out in line with company procedures and timescales.
- Administrator DMS software to ensure efficient delivery of materials to site on a 'just in time' basis.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and auditing construction logistics related systems.
- Minimum 4 years Logistics Manager experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of plant, hoists, tower cranes, turnstiles and security systems etc.
- Major project experience in the City / West End.
- SMSTS, First Aid, Traffic Marshall, CSCS.
- CPCS - desirable
If you feel you match the job description and are searching for a challenging contract on a landmark project, please forward your CV for the attention of James Darby