Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client is Europe's largest manufacturer and distributor of household electrical and housewares products with over 27 years of trading experience and operating sites in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Hong Kong and mainland China. They are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Web/Design student to work alongside their existing web development team on a short term contract whilst we carry out a full rebuild of our company B2B e-commerce website.
Supplying both traditional retailers and modern e-tailers at all scales this company's business facing website is very much the shop window. The look and feel of our new site is key to delivering the best possible experience to a wide range of targeted users. The designer for this project therefore is an incredibly important part of the team.
You are not required to have any commercial experience just a passion for graphic design and a keen eye to detail. This short run project offers not only some quick cash to the successful applicant but also a highly visible portfolio piece to add to their CV ready for life post-graduation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creative flair in both Graphic Design and Artwork
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite or any other design technology
- Exceptional communication skills
- Portfolio to showcase your work
- Ability to work well as part of a team or an individual
Skills and experience
- Good understanding of abilities of HTML, CSS
- Thorough understanding of Responsive Design
Stoke on Trent
- Good hourly pay rate
- Flexible work to fit around your studies
- Guaranteed 16 hours per week for four weeks