Posted on Jan 5, 2023 by Allen Lane Ltd.
Are you an experienced Technology Business Analyst looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity to join Southwark's Technology Transformation Team and support key digital projects in the coming months and years.
Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a can do' attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, they are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. They are committed to Fairer Futures for All' promise which ensures that residents and businesses are central to everything they do. If you want to make a difference at a local level, apply to Southwark Council today.
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Work closely with Shared Technology Services to ensure that IT services are built on modern and sustainable technology platforms, provide good value for money, and that common solutions are used wherever practical.
- Work closely with users across the business to understand their systems and processes, and support the creation of new ways of working via end-to-end process redesign
- Analytical modelling and forecasting to identify and assess opportunities for change.
- Support the implementation of changes throughout the project life cycle, enabling changes to be made with minimal disruption to services.
- Conduct business process analysis and reengineering to reduce costs and improve the customer experience.
- Support the Council in transforming digital services through improved user experience, increasing the volume of services available and transactions completed online.
- Support and promote the use of digital tools and agile ways of working within multidisciplinary teams (policy, operations and digital) to facilitate more effective service delivery.
- Gather functional and non-functional requirements for projects.
- Gather and interpret business requirements from stakeholders and translate into technical requirements.
- Assess and document changes needed to support roles, processes and support tools (eg joiners, movers, leavers).
- Produce business cases and procurement documentation for projects.
- Support the configuration and testing of new IT systems or system changes.
- Identify and document the business impacts of change.
Key Skills required
- Awareness of the issues facing local government, particularly in relation to service redesign, savings and service delivery
- Knowledge of transformation, service redesign, process mapping, business analysis and service improvement models.
- Understanding of business processes in a customer focussed business
- Awareness of the digital agenda within the public sector
- Broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and ability to effectively coordinate with external resources
- Planning and organisation
- Stakeholder management
- Business analysis techniques
What you get in return
A salary between £48,747 - £55,845 per annum plus a range of excellent benefits.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and you will be sent further details of the formal application process.
Amplify your job search: