Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by STAR ACADEMIES
OLIVE SCHOOL, PRESTON
Nurturing Today's Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow's Leaders
Required from - asap
L5 - L9 (£44,106 - £48,687)
We are a dynamic new school established in September 2016. We aim to be "Outstanding" at our first inspection - do you want to be part of our journey?
The Olive School, Preston is a new 4-11 Primary Free School, which opened in September 2016 and will grow to have 420 students. We are part of a successful family of schools, run by the Star Academies. Our mission is to create an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service.
We seek an outstanding Assistant Principal (Class Based) to join our Senior Leadership Team and lead The Olive School on our journey to sustained excellence.
The Olive School is a happy, friendly place where every child feels welcomed and valued. Our high expectations are underpinned by a system of praise and rewards, where all of our pupils are celebrated, valued and recognised for their individual contributions to the school community.
- be an excellent leader, with an eye for operational detail and understanding of data
- have experience of consistently delivering high standards of achievement
- have excellent motivational and communication skills to lead teams successfully
- have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that suits every type of learner.
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of 'promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and secure environment'
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents.
Your challenge will be to:
- lead the development of a school with the highest standards
- establish an ethos of excellence and endeavour in students, staff and community
- develop systems and structures to organise and manage the school effectively
Why work for Star Academies?
The school is part of Star Academies, one the UK's leading education providers. In keeping with our mission of educational excellence, character development and service to communities, we believe all of our pupils should be engaged and challenged by their learning and we use a wide variety of teaching strategies, skills and up-to-date learning resources in order to achieve this.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact Christine Burgess, School Business Manager by calling the school. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Applicants must complete the Trust's application. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: Friday 22nd February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.