Investigator/ Legal Assistant
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Leidos
Leidos is looking for a qualified, highly motivated Investigator/Legal Assistant to join our team.
Primary Responsibilities include: performing a variety of tasks such as conducting factual and legal research utilizing on-line research tools, analyzing facts against statutory/regulatory requirement to determine sufficiency of a claim; drafting legal memoranda, notices and other legal documents; summarizing relevant materials for use by the government staff. All work will be performed in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedure for the office. All applicants resumes must specifically state the experience, skills, and training listed in the Basic Qualifications.
- Sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Accurint, and Westlaw.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely pressured environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced legal environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school preferred.
- Preference for experience working in a law firm and/or Government environment