Care Coordinator Rep I / Abrazo West / Goodyear AZ / Full Time
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Conifer Health Solutions
The non-clinical care coordinator will be responsible with assisting every patient that passes through the Emergency Department during his/her shift. In addition to scheduling the patient's care before and during the ER discharge, the care coordinator will also serve as a point of contact inside the hospital for members of the affiliated provider network such as physician practices, nursing homes, and home health agencies. The care coordinator will assist with coordinating referrals and preauthorization for the patients as needed for their post-discharge follow up care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Scheduling appointments with established PCP
- If patient does not have a PCP, finding a PCP that accepts the patients insurance and scheduling an appointment in the appropriate time frame.
- Scheduling appointments with Specialist that honor's the patient's primary care physician's preferences and coordinating the specialist referral based on patient's insurance needs.
- Responding to physician requests for patient charts, labs, referral documents, etc.
- Confirming patient arrival at specialist appointments and tracking the patient's care direction after the appointment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to convey to patients the importance of adhering to clinical care plan when being discharged from both ER and Inpatient environment
- Ability to interact well with ER staff so that navigator is positioned/seen as another member of clinical care team by the patient
- Ability to develop good relationship with hospital staff
- Ability to develop trusted relationship with outpatient physicians in order to improve appointment scheduling and communication between post-acute care providers and the hospital.
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Demonstrated Customer Service Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
Conifer Health Solutions
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.