Posted on Feb 13, 2019 by The Scouts Association
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our team based in Lancing on a full time, permanent basis.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We're a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Graphic Designer role:
A Graphic Designer with experience in creating product designs as well as artwork for marketing /ecommerce teams would be well suited to this role. With the ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas from us and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. You will need an understanding of marketing campaigns as well as how concepts are discussed for designs on physical products.
What will you be doing as a Graphic Designer?
- Work on multiple projects where required to support the Buying Team as well as Marketing
- The Buying Team may require a mock up design to use on clothing or accessories Parameters may be given to you to adhere to brand guidelines, however creative flair and ideas can still be shared and suggested
- You should be able to prioritise projects based on expected ROI or benefits
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics, website banners and strong visuals for social media
- Consult with colleagues to create consistent designs that reflect our company brand but also engage our audience
- Being able to edit websites to work alongside designs and infographics would be beneficial as would any experience with ecommerce software and Content Management Systems
- Email and social media is an important area of investment for engaging our audience, presenting our brand and bringing profits back into Scouting. Experience in creating designs for social channels and email marketing is essential
- There is a separate brand we have for International Scouting called World Scout Shop, which has different brand guidelines. There will be requirements to assist with this as well, so any experience in create designs for other countries outside of the UK would be useful, but not essential.
What we can offer you as our Graphic Designer:
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Graphic Designer:
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mock ups, web design and multimedia presentations
- 3+ years in Designer role in any industry
- Bachelors in Fine Art, Graphic Design, Multimedia or similar/ Degree in relevant subject area for the position
- Commitment to and understanding of equality and diversity issues within a diverse and multicultural environment
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to suggest alternative and better ways of presenting an idea/design
- Ability to work with WordPress templates, knowledge of HTML would also be beneficial
- Prior role in a retail/ecommerce sector
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now to become our Graphic Designer
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £27,500 per annum
Closing date: 1st March 2019 at 23.59
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies