Posted on Feb 13, 2019 by HF Holidays
Job Title: Sous Chef or Chef de Partie and Team Member Couple (live-in position)
Location: Dolserau Hall, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 2AG
Hours of work: 39 per week, based over any 5 from 7 days
An exciting opportunity to join a multi-award winning, forward thinking and passionate company who train, develop and celebrate individual, team and organisational achievements.
HF Holidays are looking for a Sous Chef or Chef De Partie and a Front of House superstar couple to join our small, friendly and professional team at Dolserau Hall, Dolgellau, Wales. The Sous Chef position is permanent and the CDP / Team Member roles are both guaranteed 39 hours per week on a zero hours contract.
Salary is negoitable based on live-in / live-out arrangements.
Here at HF Holidays, we have over 100 years' experience organising outdoor holidays. We specialise in offering a fantastic range of Walking and Leisure Activities holidays and every year over 60,000 guests choose to travel with us to over 70 destinations all over the world.
We currently employ a team of over 500, who work in our two main offices in Elstree and Penrith and across our 18 country houses around the UK, all in National Parks or Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We offer an extensive range of benefits for all our kitchen and front of house team members including; live in accommodation inclusive of all bills, food and WiFi, FREE one week familiariastion trip to any of our 18 country house hotels in the UK for you and your family each year plus up to £50 towards your travel and a vast array of discounts at high street outdoor equipment stores. You'll find full details of the package below.
Sous Chef duties include but are not limited to:
- To work with fresh ingredients to create simple, tasty yet imaginative dishes and provide solid support to the Head Chef
- Responsibility of managing the kitchen area in the Head Chefs absence, including the implementation of our health and safety policy and the supervision and development of junior staff
- To complete the induction of new kitchen staff in liaison with management
- Maintaining the standard and style of cooking set by the Head Chef
- Ordering from external suppliers
- Stock Take duties
Chef de Partie duties include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that all consumable items are stocked as required
- To maintain kitchen, personal and food hygiene within the department
- To lift and move heavy equipment
- To be responsible for the correct use of kitchen equipment
- To be responsible for the correct use of all food stocks issued
- To liaise with Head Chef to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen
- To be contactable and to ensure chef cover
Team Member duties include but are not limited to:
- To serve meals in the dining room.
- To serve afternoon tea.
- To assist in the preparation of picnic lunches.
- To clean and prepare guest rooms, public and dining rooms.
- To engage and interact with guests in a way that promotes a warm and friendly atmosphere within the Country House Hotel.
- Experience of working in similar roles are desirable
- Competitive salary plus equal share of tips
- Live in accommodation available with all bills included including Wi-Fi
- Free meals 3 times per day
- Free uniform
- Free laundry
- Free professional training and development courses
- Annual 1-week free familiarisation visit at any of our country houses for you and your family plus up to £50 for travel support
- Unique opportunity to explore the great outdoors on free guided walks with our guests
- Free carparking
- Holiday pay
- Opportunities to organise and / or participate in various challenges and activities for our nominated charity
- One paid day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Exclusive discounts at several high street outdoors equipment stores
- Exclusive HF discounts on flights and our holidays around the world
- Exclusive discounts on our UK holidays for your friends and family
To apply, please check our website at: or email your CV to