Reliability & Project Engineer
Posted on Feb 13, 2019 by Arkema
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance in lightweight and design materials, biosourced materials, new energies, water management, solutions for electronics, and the performance and home insulation.
A specialty chemicals global major producer, with 3 business segments - High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialities, and Coating Solutions - and globally recognized brands. Arkema operates in close to 55 countries worldwide.
The Beaumont Plant is located in Southeast Texas about 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico and is about one hour drive east of Houston. Our facility is responsible for the production of methyl mercaptan, ethyl mercaptan, dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and methylmercaptoproprionaldehyde (MMP).
Arkema is seeking a Reliability and Project Engineer for our Beaumont facility. This position reports directly to the Reliability Engineering and Projects Manager. In this role, the Reliability and Project Engineer will provide expertise and support to the maintenance and operations teams in order to create and execute the reliability strategy for a number of unique, complex manufacturing processes. Responsible for identifying, establishing and implementing management systems and best practices for continuous improvement opportunities while driving overall maintenance and reliability effectiveness. Continuous improvement and maintenance of the sites rotating equipment utilizing both vibration and oil analysis. Manages all aspects of Capital projects as assigned. This role requires collaboration and coordination with other departments such as operations, technical and maintenance teams. Ensures full compliance will all applicable laws, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies.
The following is the job description:
- Responsible for tracking and continuous improvement of the predictive maintenance program (PdM) and root cause analysis (RCA) program
- Institute and help execute a reliability centered maintenance program which includes monthly Vibration and Oil month analysis
- Identify, prioritize, and develop capital improvement projects that will improve overall long term plant asset reliability
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, and installation of capital projects relating to Rotating Equipment
- Establish equipment criticality assessment through Vital Important Secondary (VIS) process
- Works closely with Maintenance, Engineering, and Technology to improve reliability based on input relating to rotating equipment repairs and improvements
- Provide training, coaching and mentors engineers and other plant employees on the fundamentals of Reliability
- Develop and establish key Reliability metrics to measure performance and demonstrate commitment to Health Environmental Safety (HES) matters
- Responsible for managing and directing an hourly employee
- Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex equipment related issues
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 7 years of Refinery or Chemical Plant maintenance, project and reliability experience.
- Deep knowledge of rotating equipment and vibration analysis.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to diagnose, troubleshoot, solve or help others solve equipment and/or process issues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent communication skills
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.