MBO Folder Operator $16 starting wage
Posted on Feb 13, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad/Graphics is aggressively seeking experienced Finishing?Machine Operators.??Do you have experience working within the print industry, specifically within the bindery?? If yes, we need to talk!
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all ? from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house. ?
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay,?full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities, on-site fitness and rehabilitation centers at a number of different plants,?paid vacation, 9 paid holidays per year, weekly paychecks and paid overtime over 40 hours per week.
Available?Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs:
8 hour shifts (either 7a.m. - 3p.m. or 3p.m. ? 11:00 p.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate.? When running overtime, these shifts will be 5a.m.-3p.m. and 3p.m to 1a.m.
What does a Finishing Operator do?
The?Folder?Operator role that we are looking to fill is for an MBO buckle folder, which produced?signatures, covers, inserts, brochures, and any component work common to commercial printing and book manufacturing.?
They are also responsible for:
- The set-up, operation, and maintenance of the folding machines
- Monitoring and maintaining quality by following company SOPs.
- Providing?oversight, direction and training to general workers or temporary staff members assigned to assist in the folding area.
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Performing other bindery and related functions as the need arises.??
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Previous Finishing Operator experience including the ability to set up and operate bindery equipment is required.? Knowledge of cutting,?mailing and folding highly desired.
- The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- Perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.??
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.??
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.