Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Hybrid in Milton Keynes, C# Developer position up to £45k. Opportunity for Junior Developer to make step up.
Your new company
Your new digital team support two companies within the group. One company is a leading distributor of converged IP solutions, with our Excel brand being the No.1 cabling supplier in the UK and the other company is one of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Together we are looking towards a bright future as a growing part of the group, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions, and related services.
They encourage development and progression both within individuals and in the business by constantly moving forward and are open to acquisitions that help to strengthen our skills and offerings to also provide the best for our customers and our associates.
Your new role
My client is looking for a C# Developer to join our Digital Team to support the development of our external and internal web applications, services, databases and integrations. You will join an agile team working with all aspects of the software development life cycle including planning, design, coding and testing.
- Working with the Digital Operations Manager and Product Owners to design and implement systems based on business specifications.
- Working with a UK and nearshore based development and test team working under a Scrum based model
- Development and maintenance of the company website, web portals, internal business systems and integration with our ERP and CRM.
- Working with our EDI partner and customers to deliver and support EDI and punchout solutions.
- Working with our Data & Analytics team to support the integration of data for Power BI reporting.
- To be proactively involved in system testing.
- Helping to work on development related service calls and communicating back to the business.
- To keep up to date with new development languages and tools, acquiring new skills when required.
- Be accountable for personal development.
- Compliance with H&S policy and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
. At least 1 year of commercial development experience.
. Knowledge of full stack web application, web service and database development.
. Extensive knowledge of C#, .NET, ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC), Web API.
. Experience of Visual Studio, Git, SQL Server, and Azure services.
. Ability to promote clean coding standards, code reviews and best practices.
. Worked in an agile environment using the Scrum methodology.
. Transparency and communication skills.
. Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure.
. We are looking for someone with drive, initiative and vision who wants to build a career Azure Dev Ops and Data Factory, Entity Framework and CRM experience would be advantageous
What you'll get in return
. Commencing with 25 days holiday a year, increasing with length of service upto 30 days, with the option to flex up/down 5 days
. Long Service Awards (gifts and one-off holiday awards of up to 5 days extra in anniversary year)
. Membership to a health and wellbeing cashback scheme
. Life Assurance of 4 times salary
. Private Medical Cover with family cover options available
. Membership to a group personal pension plan with employer contributions set at 5%
. Discretionary on the spot and value-based awards
. LinkedIn Learning Licence
. Paid time off for our Volunteering scheme
. Associate Discounts Portal
. Recruitment referral bonuses
. Payroll Giving options with Company Contributions
. Access to salary sacrifice Cycle Scheme. Wellbeing support including App, Hub and Mental Health First Aiders
. Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (Unum)
. Gym membership discounts
. Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
. Long Service Awards. Work Place giving
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Amplify your job search: