Product Owner - Permanent 60k plus 6k car allowance - Leeds/Remote
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
The individual will be an integral cog in the Smart Buildings wheel; utilising market and research knowledge to understand and define product feature requirements and priority; own and maintain a product roadmap, and work closely with feature and development teams to document and define requirements, support design, build, test and the delivery of products to market.
Smart Building key mission and offerings
Smart buildings is an innovative, disruptive and empowering' SME positioned within a large multinational organisation, with an ambitious growth focus and a start up mentality.
The brand improves daily user experiences by connecting people with disruptive digital technology, and uses the associated data insights to value for money delivery models back to customers - ultimately improving building and energy related performance. This is achieved by disrupting traditional - disjointed' energy and services approaches within buildings and spaces, via in house technology and forward thinking consultancy offerings - which lower the total cost of ownership for customers.
In parallel, the smart solution(s) support customers zero-carbon transition(s), whilst positivity impacting the wellbeing of occupants and end users. We utilise the inhouse benefits of IoT hardware, software and operational service capabilities to provide customers with an agnostic offering, that delivers benefits across each stage of their building, maintenance or renovation journey.
The brand is currently undergoing a digital refresh of brand and language so it's a very exciting time to be a part of a new look and feel ready to disrupt the market place(s).
At the epicentre of the Smart offering is the z3ro' cloud based SaaS platform; providing a single pane of glass web and mobile application, that takes multiple complicated and unnecessary systems - and simplifies them via one single view. This enables customers to make instant, remote, calculated decisions on their estate and wellbeing.
This role has a huge impact on the overall success of Smart buildings, as our reputation is attached to the products and service levels we provide. You'll be adding your own Spark to the creation and management of projects and products, that ensure the team(s) create features that wow the market, and positively impact customers day to day lives.There is significant opportunity to create and deliver new processes and frameworks to support the scaling up of the business, and deliver quality through the end to end product life cycle.
There are four key aspects to the role which the successful candidate will demonstrate strong credentials in;
- Excellent Operational and Data Analysis skills - the ability to work across various domains (Raw data, Insights, Customer feedback, Colleague Feedback, Market Research etc) and be able to translate the information into a single version of truth in the form of requirements/epics/user stories
- Service & Product Design - To understand the nature of process, service and product design; identify pain points, and translate requirements into interactive prototypes or storyboards to engage and enthuse all levels of stakeholders.
- Project Control - Strong people led project management focus - working alongside key internal and external sales, marketing, development, operations and customer stakeholders; to drive the strategic projects through to completion in support of our sustainable brand growth targets.
- Business Acumen - the ability to successfully assess and prioritise opportunities and activity in the context of business value, and demonstrate the methodology and logic to draw those conclusions via business cases and/or cost/benefit analysis
Main roles and responsibilities: (add future opportunities)
- Lead (and/or) coordinate the articulation of requirements to support the ongoing development and production of our products.
- Collate and define new & existing product concepts and features, from your own internal and external research.
- Create and maintain an effective analysis & design process, learning from central IT and the broader market to deliver a world class service to the business
- Support the evolution of the sales to delivery process - Ensuring a standardised approach to process and documentation
- Build sound business case proposals for new products and features
- Create and own project plans and manage those plans to successful conclusions - PRINCE2, PMP, AGILE experience useful
- Develop product descriptions, customer benefits, application notes, blogs and support all Marketing, Sales and Support activities as required.
- Awareness of all aspects of data life cycle including data ethics and applicable legislation/standards such as GDPR, BS, ISO etc.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience, integration and dependencies (DevOps, PMO, PMI experience desired)
- Understand the core principles of Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new evolving trends.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A blend of experience covering client facing roles, Business Analysis and/or Project Management, Product management would be ideal
- Excellent Business Analysis and process/operational design skills
- Skills in the use of documentation, planning and presentation software tools eg Advanced MS Office, Sharepoint, Draw.io, Jira
- Excellent facilitation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong experience of governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered
- Ability to work collaboratively in large team
- A strong desire to learn, to effect and drive change, and to work collaboratively with colleagues in all areas to grow the business and your skills.
- Knowledge of Smart Buildings/IoT;
- Leadership Experience
Key attributes required/desired:
- Ability to understand strategic business objectives, and overlay those to day to day actions and activities
- Previous product/project management and/or business or data analysis experience is key
- Ability to analyse data, supporting the broader teams in making informed decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of seniority
- Experience in Service and process design and/or Lean/Six Sigma styles of process improvement is desirable
- Good written ability to support content creation
- Relative understanding of the Energy market is desirable
- Proficient use of Microsoft office including Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel occasionally to enable effective project delivery
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Passionate, personable & approachable character
- Degree Level or Industry equivalent qualification
- Business Analysis, Lean Six Sigma, Service Design, Project Management Qualifications would be helpful
- Data Management and Software Development literacy
- Character is key!
- Outcome and action orientated
- Ability to multitask with optimism
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Able to build effective and positive relationships and influence positive outcomes
- Highly effective communication skills
- Committed to a high standard of performance
- Close attention to detail/Analytical
- Self starter/resiliance
Amplify your job search: