Senior Application Developer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Intuition IT Solutions Ltd
Senior Application Developer Required for my client in London, UK.
Job Title - Senior Application Developer
Purpose of Department:
Fund Services provides fund administration and accounting services to third party investment managers, pension funds and other group businesses worldwide. Product Change and Support Europe provide global, business-focused operational support and Development activities for internal/external reporting and data extract activities for systems owned by Fund Services UK, for staff in that business using business applications and for clients using these systems or receiving data from them.
The role holder must have a broad understanding of Fund Administration applications and Accounting and Valuation processes (Fund Pricing, Fund Accounting, cash/stock reconciliation, etc.). They will be responsible for developing solutions for internal and external customers using a variety of technologies available to the Business Solutions team.
- To develop and maintain data imports/exports, reports, interfaces and small scale applications to;
- contribute to the optimization of the Fund Services business processes through automation of manual procedures, and maximize the efficient business usage of the Fund Services core systems
- differentiate the Fund Services Business, allowing new clients to experience minimized change when transitioning from their previous service-provider, and maximize the efficient client usage of the Fund Services core systems and resources
- Analyze requirements, document and agree specifications, perform development and unit testing, and implement in collaboration with the Business
- Compose full system documentation, change documentation, and User/Procedure Documentation
- Provide support for internally developed facilities, and assist with investigation and resolution of support issues with Core Vendor Systems
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and actively contribute expertise and knowledge, to facilitate change and guide development direction within projects
- Actively control scope-change and escalate as appropriate to ensure delivery against agreed targets/functionality
Management of Risk (Operational Risk/FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors required to support the Best Place to Bank principles of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Experience in an Investment Administration environment, evidence of success in a similar development role and relevant supervisory practical knowledge
- Practical experience/knowledge of the Securities industry, and preferably knowledge of the Fund Services/TPA business in particular
- Experience in full life cycle development roles, with experience of RAD or other fast delivery methodologies/environments an advantage
- Development experience/skill with the relevant toolsets -Icon Report Writing at high level, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel including VBA.
- Experience in analysis, design, testing and release management an advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to identify multiple possible approaches and assess their relative cost/benefit
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, self-motivating, and proactive
- Proven abilities in the soft-skill sphere especially around time-management, documentation and requirements gathering
- Colleague mentoring/training capability, showing aptitude for Management tasks and ability to deputize for absent superiors
- Setting and maintaining the standard, including contributing to Best Practice design and implementation
Amplify your job search: