Financial Reporting Accountant - Insurance Sector Exp
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Lorien
- Financial Reporting Accountant
- City of London - Onsite 2/3 days per week
- 6 months contract
- Inside of IR35
Purpose of the Role
The primary responsibility is to prepare timely and accurate Financial information and returns, in accordance with local GAAP requirements. A strong sense of accountability and ownership is required, showing agility and tenacity where necessary.
- Prepare quarterly and annual management accounts for the client entities
- Prepare quarterly and annual returns with specific company accounting duties.
- Prepare statutory accounts for selected the client legal entities.
- Prepare detailed working papers to support the review of Financial reporting
- Perform detailed validation work and analytical review on the data collected and address or escalate any unexpected results or inconsistencies in data.
- Support the audit process for the entities that require financial reporting.
- Support and assist with system improvements and documentation of controls and procedures in respect of new or updated accounting standards.
- Enhance the control environment for producing financial reporting information.
- Drive operational excellence in above areas and offer solutions to further enhance processes.
- Engage with ad-hoc projects to ensure that all issues are resolved and fully reported.
- Understand the current and future external reporting landscape and identify how these may need to change to support the needs of the business and future Finance requirements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships within the business; including participation in working groups on specific issues.
Skills and Experience
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified accountant
- Insurance accounting experience
- Up to date knowledge of US and UK GAAP and Solvency II, Spanish GAAP desirable but not essential.
If you are available and interested, please apply today!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Amplify your job search: