Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Akkodis
GLASGOW/SCOTLAND ON SITE
Posted on: November 22, 2022
We are recruiting a Security Analyst to be a part of the SOC core team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about security, committed to self-development, and have a practical mindset. Familiarity with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the MITRE ATT&CK framework will be a big advantage.
Key day-to-day responsibilities
- Respond to security incidents, alerts, and events
- Investigate and triage escalated security incidents
- Configure and tune EDR + SIEM tools
- Determine impact and root cause of security incidents
- Liaise with customers on security incidents over email and phone where applicable
- Work with incident response and IT teams during major incidents
- Support the Sales and Senior Management Team with administrative tasks, including managing email inboxes.
The CLient is an award-winning business that invests heavily in staff training and development, so this role offers excellent career prospects.
Who you work with
You will report to the Security Director.
Skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as the TCP/IP model, routing, switching, Firewall operations and Proxy operations
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience working in a security operations centre or IT function
- Experience with EDR tools
- Experience with SIEM tools
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Knowledge of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Certifications such as Security+, BTL1, OSCP, eJPT, PNPT, CySA+, SC-200, GCIA, CCNA
37.5 hours per week. The working hours are normally Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm, with an hour for lunch.
Excellent basic salary.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.
Amplify your job search: