Buy Side Hedge Fund - Java Developer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by McGregor Boyall
London, United Kingdom
What we are looking for:
- Strong proficiency in Java (5+ years)
- Robust knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies eg Oracle, MongoDB
- Proficient knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Great communication skills
- Strong understanding and experience with agile methodologies
- Proficient working on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content eg Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university
- Self-organized with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and with competing business demands and priorities
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business people alike
- Confident communicator: able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
- An understanding of financial markets: either from a keen interest or prior experience
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with FIX a significant advantage.
- Python experience
- Experience of Front Office software and/or trading systems development eg in a hedge fund or investment bank.
- Expertise in designing and building distributed systems with service-based or event-driven architectures, and concurrent processing.
- Knowledge of tools like - Git, Jenkins, Docker, etc.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
Amplify your job search: