DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared) - 24 Months - Hybrid
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Lucid Support Services Ltd
Our client, who are an esteemed body of Central Government, have an exciting new opportunity within their Service Transformation programme and require an experienced DevOps Engineer. Responsibilities will include managing day to day support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. Upholding the departments values and working within Government Digital Standards.
As a Devops Engineer, we are looking for the following
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3+ Year in a hands-on platform engineer/devops/cloud support role
- significant practical experience and detailed technical knowledge of Redhat based Linux distributions
- significant practical experience and detailed technical knowledge of Ansible Automation Platform and automating manual/human processes
- significant practical experience and detailed technical knowledge of Terraform
- significant experience and technical knowledge of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences (Cloud and On-Premise Hosting) using either PowerShell or Bash
- practical experience and detailed technical knowledge of Gitlab
- Technical Skills: Service Focus (DDaT) Technical Breadth (DDaT) Programming & build (DDaT)
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrate experience of working in regulated public sector environments (DWP, HMRC)
- Able to demonstrate mentoring other colleagues with technical matters
- Demonstrate experience of identification of manual processes, suitable for automation
- Use of Google Go language, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Evidence of practical experience of Jenkins
This opportunity will be for a duration of 24 Months, working 2 days on site in Blackpool or Manchester.
due to the nature of this role, applicants must currently hold SC or be eligible for SC Clearance.
Amplify your job search: