Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Search Consultancy
Up to £33,000
Due to expansion, my client a global pharmaceutical company based in the Sandwich area is looking to recruit a Process Chemist.
The key responsibilities of the Process Chemist are:
* To be responsible for practical synthetic organic chemistry utilizing knowledge, experience and literature to support new route and reaction design.
* To safely and efficiently design and develop reactions, work-ups, isolations and purifications.
* To conduct analysis and characterization of practical work using a range of analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, NMR, TLC, GC)
* To support transfer of products to scale up facilities
The ideal candidate for the Process Chemist:
* A BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
* Experience in a Research & Development laboratory setting.
* A sound, fundamental knowledge and practical application of Organic Chemistry to pharmaceutical drug design is essential.
* Appropriate relevant experience of process chemistry and analytical tools and techniques within a group organisation.
* Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, NMR, TLC and GC). Must possess sound knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
* Sound understanding of chromatographic techniques.
* Understanding and some exposure to Scale-Up Facilities.
If this sounds like you and you are an experienced Process Chemist with sound fundamental knowledge and practical application of Organic Chemistry in the area of Pharmaceutical Drug Design then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.