Junior DBA/SQL Developer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by ISR Recruitment Ltd
My client working within the retail sector are currently looking for a Junior DBA/SQL Developer.
You will be joining a motivated and forward-thinking development team that have enjoyed working on exciting projects with latest technologies which include app creation for loyalty and click and collect integrating with Uber Eats, Just Eat and Deliveroo, POS and Kiosk Front End and Back End software.
Other recent projects have included NHS based patient meal ordering via bedside entertainment systems, tablets, PWA and Bring Your Own Device.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be responsible for data migration, data import/exports, database/application upgrades and troubleshooting. As well as supporting DBA duties for the day-to-day management and administration for all SQL database Servers across the company.
Other tasks will include:
- Implementation and release of database changes including upgrades
- Creating documentation to support future maintenance of system
- Provision of out of hours support and script running
- Applying database security practices
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Installing new customer databases into data centre
- Providing assistance to other employees within the organisation.
- Writing data scripts to do the following:
- Manipulating and transforming data
- Importing new or updating existing data
- Retrieving and analysing data
- Writing stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Analyse database and/or data for support and troubleshooting
- Analyse and optimise existing database schemas, indexes, scripts, procedures
- Working with code developers to develop best solution and products
- Ideally some exposure to Crystal Reports (if not can be learnt)
Amplify your job search: