Finance Data Architect - SAP MDM/MDG & S/4 HANA
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Logic Engagements Ltd
Senior Finance Data Architect with specialist SAP MDM/MDG & S/4 HANA project migration experience is required by my global client.
My client is embarking on an exciting and significant Business Transformation Programme underpinned by SAP S/4 HANA. Through this programme they aim to drive process and data standardization and simplification. This programme will be delivered over a multi-year period with global geographic reach.
They are therefore seeking a Global Finance Data Architect who will be responsible for designing, building, deploying and managing the Finance data domains. He/she will work with the implementation data partners and business to convert business requirements into technical requirements to build the MDM processes and deliver a successful MDG and S/4 migration.
This Role will lead the design, integration, centralization and maintenance of data and will focus on the client data domain of Finance, ensuring coverage across all relevant SAP modules that are in scope for supporting this domain. The role will focus on the standards of data quality, the flow of data within the organization, provide deep expert knowledge of data extract, transform and load best practices and the security of data. Partnering closely with the clients Functional Process Leads and SI(s) to understand business objectives and existing data infrastructure and assets.
- Excellent technical and functional SAP knowledge on data objects
- Hands on experience in configuration of finance master data in S/4 MDG
- Experience in migrating to a MDG hub environment in a complex organization
- Excellent functional data design and integration knowledge
- Experienced working with SI partners in complex global SAP implementations in complex organizations and industries
- Experienced in data harmonization involving de-duplication and mass changes during conversion/transformation
- Excellent understanding of SAP S/4 and MDG technical framework including BADI, BAPI/RFC/FM, Workflows, IDoc, Fiori, LSMW, S/4 Migration Cockpit, ABAP, SQL, BODS and similar
- Knowledge of SAP data dictionary tables, views, relationships and corresponding data architecture for ECC and S/4 HANA for various SAP master and transactional data objects including high depth of functional knowledge for core master data objects like customer, vendor, material and finance-specific data objects eg, chart of account, cost center, and profit center
- Knowledge of SAP data migration tools like SAP BODS, SLT, SDI, S4 Migration Cockpit, and LSMW etc.
- Experience in SAP MDG mass processing, consolidation, central governance
- Excellent understanding of Data Migration concepts and strategies Experience in data migration using SAP and non-SAP solutions
- SAP role maintenance skills, design, build and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience of designing data migration strategy leveraging industry best practices for high data volume engagements
- Experience with requirement gathering design, development, testing and implementation required Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least 10-15+ years' experience in SAP data migration
- At least 5-10+ years' experience in SAP MDM
- At least 2 full end-to-end upgrade projects in SAP MDG
- At least 1 full end-to-end migration project to S/4 HANA
- Ideally at least one project life cycle experience migrating to a MDG Hub environment
- Experience in a global dynamic operating environment
- Ability to understand how technology choices impact business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to impact and influence, at a senior stakeholder level, virtually across markets with solid networking, influencing & communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective and targeted communication
- Experience of working in a distributed environment (eg, on-shore, off-shore, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with 3rd parties to deliver the desired outcome
- Fluent English speaking
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a long term contract role at the early project stage with a truly global organisation. Please send your CV in the first instance and if relevant, you will be contacted with full role and company information.
Amplify your job search: