Backend Software Engineer Java Kubernetes
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Client Server
Backend Software Engineer (Java Kubernetes) London/WFH to £90k
Are you a Backend Software Engineer/Developer who enjoys working on a modern tech stack with continual learning opportunities?
You could be progressing your career in a senior, hands-on role at a successful and growing sports streaming/Video on Demand technology company.
As a Backend Software Engineer you'll design and develop new features and enhancements to the core streaming platform. You'll be working with Java 8+ within a microservices environment deploying to AWS with Kubernetes.
You'll be working in a collaborative, technology driven environment, making technology decisions and contributing to product strategy.
The hugely scalable platform broadcasts over half a million sports events globally on an annual basis; there are many technical challenges to tackle, you'll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and will be encouraged to innovate and introduce new technologies as appropriate, continually striving to improve and remain at the cutting edge.
There's a remote interview and onboarding process and you can work from home most of the time, meeting up with colleagues in the London office once a week (with flexibility).
- You have strong modern Java development skills
- You have a good knowledge of microservices and experience with Kubernetes for deployment
- You believe in producing quality, well tested code using TDD
- You have a good knowledge of SOLID design principles
- You have Agile team experience, ideally with an understanding of 3 Amigos
- You're familiar with AWS or other cloud based services eg GCP
- You're a problem solver who enjoys collaborating
What's in it for you:
As a Backend Software Engineer/Developer you will earn a competitive salary (to £90k) plus a range of flexible perks and benefits including pension, healthcare, life assurance, wellness benefits and much more.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Backend Software Engineer/Developer (Java Kubernetes) opportunity.
Amplify your job search: