Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource Recruitment is working in partnership with a major Client in the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Container Planner role to be Oxford, OX4 6NL based out
Job Title: Container Planner
Location: Oxford (2 days per week onsite)
Job Type: 12 months contract
To plan & deliver assembly containers to support project objectives. This includes all special and standard containers for delivery of parts from assembly suppliers to Plant Oxford. The role is a project management position, ensuring that delivered containers meet cost, timing & quality objectives.
- Collaboration with central process partners to ensure BIC (best-in-class) concepts are achieved
- Introduce new container concepts that minimise investment and optimise Logistics costs
- Develop container solutions that support the Assembly & logistics Reference models (RSPL = reference system parts logistics, is now new description)
- Increase the use of standard containers to improve business flexibility
- Align the container concept with all necessary process partners for a smooth integration into series operations
Independence, responsibility, decisions
- Technical solution - engineering ability in product & container options
- Evaluation of the impacts of processes
- Awareness of environmental and legislative requirements. (Recycled material requirements for steel and plastics)
- Validation of overall container inventory for assembly containers at Plant Oxford.
- Component quality - ensure parts are delivered in the correct quality.
- Project timings - ensuring all project milestones are met.
Influence on results
- Transport cost
- Container Investment
- Handling cost
- Product Quality (QZS, QZF, Direct Run) - avoiding transportation damage through robust container design.
- Container repair/replacement.
- Ensure containers are available in loop & continuity of supply during launch.
- Launch timings, container availability for PVL, VS1, VS2, LP & SV stages
- Project management: to decide on escalations to project management team of container costs/timings to target.
- Supply Base/purchasing: Ensure compliance to BMW standards in packaging manual & timely decisions and provision of key data.
- Container manufacturers - ensuring high performance to quality, cost & timing targets
- All Assembly containers, inbound, excludes on site containers ("B-C")
- Process ownership from concept to deployment.
- Proportion of typical annual capital investment (project spend)
- Proportion of development Budget
Knowledge skills and Experience required:
- Self-motivated, analytical, and logical.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability for creative thinking.
- Overall knowledge of logistics processes, strategies, and concepts.
- General IT Skills (Desktop), Business Process IT Skills.
- Strong project management skills
- BTEC or equivalent Mechanical Engineering qualification
- German language very beneficial
- Experience in container development very beneficial
Intelligent Resource Recruitment Limited acts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via Call/Email.
Apply now to know more.
Intelligent Resource Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Amplify your job search: