IT Security Officer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Fruition IT Resources Limited
An excellent opportunity for an experienced IT Security Officer for a well established manufacturing organisation based in Yorkshire.
You will join a growing Information Security team and contribute to the shape of the organisation's future security strategy.
The IT Security Officer will lead the development and delivery of security to the business through technological acumen, risk management and user awareness.
You will help to define, shape and protect the organisation's evolving digital, technology and information systems landscape; helping defences to evolve and mature, as the threat landscape does.
IT Security Officer - Principle Responsibilities
* Take a threat-based risk approach to implement controls when identifying risks, vulnerabilities, impact, and likelihood of breach.
* Identifying possible threats and determining the best security measures, by testing and analysing assets for potential security threats.
* Running risk assessment, security tests and designing countermeasures to eliminate as many potential risks as possible; then compiling and presenting reports on the test results.
* Perform routine risk assessments on the current landscape and user awareness through exercises such as penetration testing and simulated phishing attacks.
IT Security Officer - Essential Requirements
* Experience of performing risk assessments against internal and external systems, and external providers
* Skilled in designing, implementing, and maintaining risk/compliance/security protocols, policies, plans, and systems to cover all possible threats.
* Adept at writing well-structured and sufficiently detailed technical reports
* Strong experience of performing and/or supporting vulnerability assessments tests
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Amplify your job search: