Head of IT Security
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Allen Lane Ltd.
My client is one the largest children's charities in the UK, whose incredible services are needed more than ever. This is a fantastic opportunity to join as Head of IT Security with the opportunity to play a vital role whilst having the flexibility to work fully remote.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, your remit will be to maintain and develop the IT Security Strategy to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of information and systems, through the management of a team providing specialist advice and expertise to identify and respond to IT security threats.
How you'll help to create brighter futures
- Maintain and lead on the IT Security Strategy and framework in support of our organisational objectives and technology strategy.
- Lead and manage the IT Security team to provide appropriate governance of the security of all existing and proposed systems, including developing training and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure all enterprise IT information and systems remain secure by designing, implementing, and enforcing security controls.
- Be accountable for threat identification & defence as well as risk management and mitigation.
- Lead and manage the planning for cyber security audits and for achievement of externally verified standards such as Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO27001.
- Oversee and direct assessments of risk and security for new revenue streams, into the organisation in a secure and compliant manner, including working closely and pragmatically with all areas of the business.
- Work alongside internal IT teams to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications, and software.
Let's talk about you
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline
- IT Security accreditation (CISSP or CISSM).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud App Security and Azure Sentinel.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act, GDPR and the Computer Misuse Act and PCI-DSS regulations.
- Well-developed technical understanding of IT systems and extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of managing information security platforms.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO2700x, ITIL and COBIT.
- Leadership with the capability to develop and guide a team of IT operations personnel.
Remote working, 29 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent training and development opportunities, flexible maternity, adoption, and paternity packages, up to 7% employer contribution pension, discount portal with your favourite brands
Please note, this organisation does not offer sponsorship and you must be located in the UK. Applicants living outside UK will not be considered.
Amplify your job search: