Strategic Procurement Officer 1 or 2 per week office in Glasgow
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource Recruitment is working in partnership with a major Client in the UK. We are currently recruiting for Strategic Procurement Officer to be Glasgow or Perth based out
Role: Strategic Procurement Officer
Contract Length: End of July 2023 with possibility of extension
Location: Glasgow or Perth once Or twice per week in office
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) to work within the Infrastructure, Operations and Maintenance category team at client, which is responsible for the strategic procurement of direct goods, works and services for the client Group. The key category areas covered by the Team include Substation and Plant, Civils, Cabling, Overhead Line, Future Networks and Power Generation. Reporting to the Category Manager for Civils, Substation & Plant, you will be responsible for sourcing and managing a wide variety of goods, works and services including Civil construction, reinstatement, electrical plant, substation reinforcement works, construction materials, and automation in support of our Renewables, Distributed Energy, Thermal and Network businesses.
As Strategic Procurement Officer (SPO) you will, in general terms, be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider Category team in the development of contracting and sourcing strategies to help ensure that client's group-wide requirements are delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Proactively engaging stakeholders and suppliers throughout the end-to end procurement life cycle in order to secure the most appropriate and innovative outcomes.
- Sourcing goods and services in accordance with client's policies and procedures and any relevant external legislation (including EU Procurement directives) and managing all elements of the end-to-end sourcing process, whilst ensuring that appropriate risks and known and managed in accordance with client's guidelines.
- The commercial analysis of contract/tender submissions, the negotiation and drafting of specific contract terms and recommending the appropriate contract award.
- Supporting the on-going management of contracts (and suppliers) so as to secure the maximum value from our relationships.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be an experienced procurement professional who has been involved with delivering cross-business sourcing activities. A track record of relevant procurement knowledge across some of the afore-mentioned category areas would be preferred, as well as having experience of using various forms of contract and the associated terms.
To be considered for this role, you will, ideally:
- Be accomplished in negotiating costs, contractual terms and relevant performance measures for supplier contracts.
- Have experience of a formal sourcing process and have some knowledge of relevant contractual risks and how to manage/mitigate these.
- Be enthusiastic, with excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills that enable you to comfortably work across all levels within the business, whilst having the confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively
- Be self-motivated, commercially astute and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Be comfortable working to deadlines, being able to change priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
Intelligent Resource Recruitment is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organization.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource Recruitment regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Amplify your job search: