Software Licensing Analyst
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Stott and May
Job Tittle: Software Licensing Analyst
Location: London (Hybrid)
Salary: up to £80,000
As a Software Licensing Analyst, you will be supporting the definition of new policies, processes and controls that govern how the client consumes and contributes to Free and Open-Source software (FOOS). You will be liaising with FOSS Licensing SME, Engineering teams as well as client legal.
Some of the responsibilities include: Analyse license/copyright aspects of new FOSS software acquisition requests from Engineering teams
- Communicate licensing implications to Engineering teams
- Work closely as a part of the FOSS team and with FOSS Licensing SME to continuously improve the FOSS control process. This can include:
- review the client's existing treatment of Open-Source licenses and recommend any changes, exceptions with associated conditions
- categorize licenses not recognized by automation into the client's defined categories
- contribute to training and awareness of licensing implications within Engineering teams
- participate in the selection, assessment and development of license evaluation automation.
- Knowledge of software licenses including copyright, modification, and distribution.
- Worked in a risk or legal or controls or other regulated environment assessing implications of software licenses.
- Knowledge of Open-Source software and licenses, and their implications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, and SharePoint.
- Experience working in a Helpdesk or similar.
- Liaison with Legal and Engineering teams.
- Experience with Open-Source software from a usage or contribution perspective.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, DevSecOps.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Exposure to tooling such as Sonatype IQ Server/Lifecycle, FOSSology or similar.
- Legal/copyright law training would be advantageous.
Amplify your job search: