IT Procurement Specialist
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Lorien
Up to £50,000
(Hybrid Working - London Office)
The Procurement Specialist will be predominantly working on the firm's procurement activities including support of the Procurement manager in their ongoing updating and implementation of the current processes. With a specific focus on IT procurement and supplier management the role holder will be responsible for ensuring that any engagement or interaction with any new parties follows the firm's requirements and diligence processes.
The Procurement Specialist will be expected to get up to speed with the current technology landscape and pipeline of new projects either in-flight or due to start this Financial Year. The role holder will be expected to support the team's management of the commercial life cycle of all hardware and software used globally by both our Clients employees and Clients. The role will work closely with the relevant Information Security, Risk and Compliance department members to ensure all due diligence is carried out on both existing and new third parties that the firm engages with for goods and services.
The Procurement Specialist will report into, and take direction and guidance from the Procurement Manager and will help with the workload of an increasing project portfolio to ensure that the technology purchases by the firm meet both the IT and over-arching business strategy. The role holder will be expected to help review existing contracts, pricing and agreements in place and support the Procurement Manager in an exercise of reviewing, benchmarking, negotiating and where necessary co-terming agreements. This will include storing and managing related documents, relationship history along with tracking on-going discussions and regular supplier check-ins.
The Procurement Specialist will contribute to any new or in-flight RFI and RFP processes.
The role will also require a level of software licence management and be expected to be able to work with other members of IT to ensure the correct licences are in place and that the firm do not over or under licence upon renewal and new instruction.
- Understand and ensure that the procurement processes are followed for the IT department and ensure all governance and diligence is applied when reviewing or on-boarding suppliers.
- Support the business areas, IT teams and Project teams in supplier engagement and on-boarding process.
- Monitor renewal dates, allowing the firm to adequately plan re-negotiations, renewals and support the process when appropriate for RFP's
- Work with supplier relationship owner's to provide support and guidance in on-going supplier management.
- Liaise with the Risk, Compliance, IT Security and Finance teams to ensure new suppliers are thoroughly checked before on-boarding takes place.
- Work closely with the Compliance and/or Professional Services teams to ensure contract terms are favourable to the Client.
- Oversee the NDA signing process prior to discussions taking place.
- Assist in managing the corporate software licensing estate.
- Review proposals and Statements of Work to ensure they meet the expectations of the firm.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- At least 2 year's experience of working in an IT Procurement, IT Finance/Accounting or similar centralised procurement team responsible for IT sourcing.
- Experience in negotiating and co-terming complex contracts.
- Experience in working in a procurement function within a multinational organisation.
- A good knowledge of standard business accounting practices and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- A methodical, thorough attention to detail with a nous for identifying mistakes in supplier pricing proposals.
- Experience of working with various types of software licensing models including public cloud services.
- University degree in Computer Science, Accounting or other relevant discipline or 5 Years IT Purchasing experience.
Personal and Professional Requirements
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours/days when requested.
- Decisive and confident in one's own ability and recommendations
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to present ideas and proposals in user-friendly language
- A passion for ensuring that not only cost but value is being maximised as part of an agreement.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity - apply now with your most up to date CV.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Amplify your job search: