Business Analyst - LNG
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton and partners are in search of a Business Analyst who can identifying and documenting business requirements and work with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. The Business Analyst will bring Subject Matter Expertise and domain knowledge to help organise and interpret requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a global team with a strong track record working with as part of an energy trading business.
Skills and Experience:
- 6 + years BA experience
- Experienced working with physical commodities trading markets and organisations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Experience of delivery within a trading environment.
- Experience working in both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Precisely capture business requirements
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- Knowledge of test principles through the development life cycle and a willingness to support the test function at peak stages in the sprint cycle.
- Consistent business case/solution cost- benefit awareness to ensure the right focus is being given to each task to provide maximum benefit to stakeholders.
- Experience of working with data migration projects and able to use basic SQL to work effectively with databases.
- Experience of working directly with traders on trader models.
- Experience of Power BI, Power Query and Power Automate.
- Detailed knowledge of the LNG market.
- Knowledge of metals, power or emissions trading.
- Ability to use approved business analyst modelling techniques to capture issues, define requirements and communicate solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of data management best practice.
Amplify your job search: