ION Platform Specialist
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Allegis Global Solutions Limited (AGS)
This role is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on ION MarketView Platform Specialist. ION is a key component of our eTrading platform providing pricing and trading integration for D2C and D2D markets, for the Rates and Credit businesses. This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a global eTrading development team that is distributed over London, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Hands-on configuration, integration and testing of ION eTrading components
- Platform re-engineering to provide a stable and maintainable platform for the business
- Direct engagement with business stakeholders in Trading, Sales and COO teams.
- Implement changes and upgrades to the ION MarketView pricing and eTrading platform.
- Ability to provide L2 Production support
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs and infrastructure teams
- ION topology tuning to create and maintain a high performance platform
- Writing documentation, user guides, regular demos
- Performing user verification testing with various groups during project go-live
- Ability to run projects end to end without monitoring
Skills & Experience
- Strong hands on experience of ION MarketView. Detailed knowledge of MMI .NET, D2C & D2D Connectivity Gateways, TOMS, PXE, REFDATA, VMO, VMQ, Run List Manager
- Experience of ION perfmeter and RTD monitoring and tuning
- Experience of platform re-engineering, tuning and ION failover setup.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income trading environment in Rates and/or Credit businesses
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to effectively interact with business stakeholders.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including pricing and trade capture issues.
- Strong Linux experience including Shell Scripting and python Scripting
- Experience of using source control systems, in particular GIT and maven build & packaging.
- Constantly challenging and seeking ways to improve platform consistency and maintainability.
- Automate/build tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Rates and Credit Electronic Sales and Trading Desks
Amplify your job search: