Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by G & L Consulting
Remote - UK
FTE - 1 year
Up to £80,000 PA
- Knowledge of software licenses including copyright, modification, n and distribution.
- Worked in a risk or legal or controls or other regulated environment assessing implications of software licenses
- Knowledge of Open-Source software and licenses, and their implications
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, and SharePoint
- Analyze license/copyright aspects of new FOSS software acquisition requests from Engineering teams
- Communicate licensing implications to Engineering teams
- Work closely as a part of the FOSS team and with FOSS Licensing SME to continuously improve the FOSS control process. This can include:
- review the client's existing treatment of Open-Source licenses and recommend any changes, exceptions with associated conditions
- categorize licenses not recognized by automation into the client's defined categories
- contribute to training and awareness of licensing implications within Engineering teams
- participate in the selection, assessment and development of license evaluation automation
We are looking for a software licensing analyst to support the definition of new policies, processes, and controls that govern how the client consumes and contributes to Free and Open-Source software (FOSS). The role will involve liaison with FOSS Licensing SME, Engineering teams, and client legal.
Good to have:
- Experience working in a Helpdesk or similar.
- Liaison with Legal and Engineering teams.
- Experience with Open-Source software from a usage or contribution perspective.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, DevSecOps.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Exposure to tooling such as Sonatype IQ Server/Lifecycle, FOSSology or similar.
- Legal/copyright law training would be advantageous.
Amplify your job search: