Scala Play Developer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Whitehall Resources Ltd
Scala Play Developer
Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Scala Play Developer based in Shropshire for an initial 6 month contract.
*UMBRELLA COMPANY ONLY.*
Our mature Agile environment will give you a great working environment to collaborate with fellow specialists from development and other disciplines.
Working with our client will mean delivering user-centric digital services from Cradle to grave working on high performance cloud platforms using emerging languages and technologies.
Working on their services means you'll have your own team, but you'll also be a part of a several communities spread over multiple sites. This means you'll always have people on hand to share and discuss ideas and get help when needed. Like your team, your communities are also self-sufficient, so if you want to change something it's within your power to do so.
Ideal candidates will have strong technical competence in:
* Unit testing and integration testing
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience of Cloud based infrastructure is desirable, along with an understanding of application security principles, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- As a well-rounded Agile developer, we expect adaptability plus general skills in problem solving, business analysis, quality assurance, application design and architecture to compliment your Scala development specialist.
- In an Agile environment communication is key and therefore we expect professionalism, good communication skills and approachable team members.
- As a Scala Developer your primary focus will be to deliver user stories whilst working as a part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You'll be working closely with user researchers and designers to build, deploy and support your Scala Play microservices using well established software development techniques such as TDD and pair programming.
- We get involved with all stages of service delivery including configuring, deploying and monitoring using industry standard tooling, to truly work in a DevOps capacity.
- Whilst working in a collaborative environment you are going to meet a variety of different people who, like you, have a wealth of knowledge and experience. As a part of one or more communities you will have the opportunity to influence how we grow as delivery centre and how we do things by sharing ideas and working with others to make things better.
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Amplify your job search: