Service Desk Manager - SC Cleared
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Square One Resources
Job Title: Tech Bar Manager (Service Desk Manager) - SC Cleared
Location: East Kilbride - (2 Days Per Week - Non-Negotiable)
Salary/Rate: £350 - £400 Inside IR35 (depending on experience)
Start Date: 10/01/23
Job Type: Contract (6 months from Start Date)
The objective of my client is to combine diplomacy and development into one department. The work of my client combines the best aspects of British international endeavours and exemplifies how the UK is a positive influence in the world. As a Tech Bar Manager (Service Desk Manager) you'll be reporting to the Head of Service Experience and you'll be accountable for the day-to-day operations and quality of the Tech Bar.
The Tech Bar Manager (Service Desk Manager) is accountable for the overall quality of the service, ensuring that End Users receive resolutions to their IT issues and support to answer their questions as quickly as possible.
- Oversight of direct reports and line management duties throughout their team.
- Managing team prioritisation and utilisation, including coordination of the Senior Tech Bar Analysts to attend different locations.
- Leading recruitment within the Tech Bar team.
- Displaying role model values of diversity and inclusion, leadership and change management in the team, engaging and maintaining the commitment of staff.
- Developing a supportive environment for staff, promoting a culture of constructive feedback, learning, development and flexible working.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Must hold active SC clearance.
Customer Service Management.
User focus and service reporting.
Experience managing a quality service.
Delivering at pace.
The following is not required but, would be a benefit for this position:
- CIPS qualification.
Benefits & Perks
- The candidate will receive access to relevant civil servant training as part of this role. My client is committed to staff development and encouraging staff to achieve their potential and achieve professional level qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.
Amplify your job search: