IT Field Service Engineer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Intelligent Resource
Intelligent Resource is working in partnership with a leading global provider of ICT Services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. We have several Permanent opportunities for Field Services Engineers based across the UK. This role is based in Preston, on a permanent basis.
Field Services Engineer
Full-time permanent role
£23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Working as a Field Services Engineer, your role will include the maintenance and support for field based clients. You will provide on-site support for client's IT hardware devices. You will cover a geographic area, where the average travel time per ticket is 30 minutes nationally. All tasks should be completed in line with company technical and quality standards and procedures as well as ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction is provided. The role is Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm standard working hours with the requirement for out of hours standby. This is as standard, 1 week in every 4. Overtime and standby are paid in line with company policy.
- To attend all incidents/requests as directed by the Customer Incident Centre in a courteous and customer focused fashion as per your engineering work instruction guidelines
- Ensure assigned incidents are monitored, updated and progressed in a timely manner
- Use areas of technical expertise and experience to provide training support, coaching and guidance to Junior Field Service engineers
- Co-ordinate between clients and vendors to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Provide a high degree of customer satisfaction in all work undertaken
- A full valid UK drivers licence
- Able to demonstrate the right to work in the UK
- Be prepared to undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check
- Ability to resolve hardware issues and basic software problems
- Capable of building (o/s and required software) and deploying PCs (desktop and Laptop)
- Good understanding of IT systems and environments
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical and problem solving mindset
Preferred but not essential skills:
- MCSE certification
- Manufacturer Enterprise server certification
- SAN Server
- Dell/Other vendor Certification to Enterprise level or above
- Experience in a data centre and in smart space technology is advantageous.
Our offer to you:
- Salary range £23,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on experience
- Full training provided as part of robust induction process
- Access to the certification programme for one of the world's leading IT manufacturers.
- Access to in house training & development platform with options of technical, managerial and industry recognised courses such as CCNA, ITIL, PRINCE2 etc
- A minimum of 25 days holiday (opportunity to buy/sell extra days) plus all UK bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover after 12 months
- Business Mileage Fuel Card
- Car allowance
- Laptop, smartphone and tools provided
- Employee referral programme - you could earn £750 if your referral is successful
- There are also great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping and gym discounts, insurance or healthcare we've got you covered
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme providing 24/7 advice and support across a wealth of topics such as personal legal support, counselling services, child and elder care referrals
- Volunteering day-in support of social actions all UK employees can take 1 day paid leave per year to participate in local volunteering projects
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Intelligent Resource acts as both an employment business and as an employment agency.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.
Amplify your job search: