Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Robert Half
Senior Network Engineer - Carlisle
Robert Half Technology are delighted to be partnering on a Senior Network Engineer position with Carlisle - an innovative and established global brand with over 100 years of expertise across multiple industry sectors.
Carlisle Companies Incorporated is a diversified industrial company with a global portfolio of niche brands that delivers energy efficient and highly engineered products and solutions for its customers. Driven by our strategic plan, Vision 2025, Carlisle is committed to generating superior shareholder returns by investing in high-ROIC businesses and maintaining a balanced capital deployment approach, including investments in our businesses, strategic acquisitions, share repurchases and continued dividend increases. Carlisle is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Its worldwide team of employees generated $4.8 billion in revenues in 2021.
The Senior Network Engineer will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms working in conjunction with systems personnel. Position is responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and manage/support. Interacts with and provides direction to the broader IT team and management. Requires experience in telecommunications network design and management. Must be able to work independently on requirements that are moderately complex. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the full cycle from design through implementation and management/support thereafter. Closely coordinates with other IT system professionals and vendors/partners to ensure proper implementation of network services. A positive Customer Service oriented attitude is required.
Network Infrastructure Design
- Responsible for design, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation of all aspects of network infrastructure.
- MPLS/AVPN traffic engineering design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Manages and develops complex routing, switching and wireless solutions in a Cisco heavy environment
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto for core network requirements
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Manage Firewalls including VPNs, malware prevention, IDS/IPS, Wildfire, Panorama, Prime, ISE, LiveAction, APIC-EM, WLC, Industrial Switches, voice gateways (Cisco and Palo Alto)
- Assist in the creation, monitoring, documentation, reporting and testing of disaster recovery initiatives
- Works closely with internal IT Security resources to ensure best practices identified by IT Security are adhered to
- Manage backup of networking systems configurations, maintain up to date patch levels and recommended practices
Maintenance & Support
- Provide support for all network and data communication issues including private and Internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity
- Maintain and manage vendor relationships including third-party vendor and service providers
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Achieve compliance with Carlisle Companies IT policies and procedures.
- Supports Network Administrators and IT Service Desk on escalated issues
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge of popular network communication protocols such as SIP, DHCP, DNS, RCP, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Previous demonstrable experience of design, configuration, troubleshooting and implementation of all aspects of network infrastructure.
- Firewall knowledge including VPNs, malware prevention, IDS/IPS, Wildfire, Panorama, Prime, ISE, LiveAction, APIC-EM, WLC, Industrial Switches, voice gateways (Cisco and Palo Alto)
- 6 - 10 years of previous related experience in a Network Engineer role
- Project management - must have the ability to self-manage small to medium projects including development and implementation of project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto equipment required
- Experience with SOX & ISO 27001 compliance.
- Experience working globally in an enterprise organisation would be highly desirable
- Experience in the Manufacturing sector is also desirable but not essential
- Occasional International travel may be required to wider Group sites.
- £70,000-£100,000 basic salary
- Remote working as standard with UK offices available in the South West and Midlands
- Private medical insurance
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Amplify your job search: