Java Developer with Investment Domain Knowledge
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by McCabe & Barton
This is an inside IR35 contract until end of September 2023
Client: asset management
- Develop new investment functionality into our flagship Portfolio Management Product used by over 8,000 investors globally to make investment decisions and construct portfolio's.
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production. Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops
- Contribute to an agile development team working with UX designers, Architects, Business Analysts, users and Testers. Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Essential Skills - 6+ years commercial/enterprise experience:
- Java core, full stack
- Investment Domain knowledge (ideally in Portfolio management, or relevant analytics and quantitative experience)
Competent - 3+ years professional experience working with:
- Java Swing
- Agile - working in an agile/scrum team
- Test Driven Development - ideally with Cucumber, Azure Dev Ops
- Ingesting data through APIs, Messaging, SQL
Nice to Have, or desire to learn any of:
- Angular, C++, Aladdin, Equity, Fixed Income, Privates or ESG asset class knowledge, designing a good User Experience.
- Degree: educated ideally in Software Engineering, Computer Science Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions Java Certification preferred
Amplify your job search: