Java Software Engineer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Hays DT - Midlands
Java Software Engineer-Hybrid Working- up to £70K -Great benefits package
Your new company
I am currently looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our dynamic team building solutions for a public sector client.
Working in an Agile environment you will be given a friendly and forward thinking environment to collaborate with fellow specialists from other Engineering disciplines. Working with this organisation will mean delivering critical digital services from Cradle to grave working on a variety of projects featuring on-premises traditional infrastructure or high-performance cloud platforms using Java based languages and technologies.
As a member of our self-empowered and multi-disciplined teams you will be given the freedom to shape the way you work to ensure you are working to latest industry practices, tools and technologies.
Your new role
As a Software Engineer your primary focus will be to deliver user stories whilst working as a part of a multi-disciplined team.
You'll be working closely with analysts and designers to build, deploy and support your services using well established software development techniques such as TDD and pair programming.
You will be involved with all stages of service delivery including configuring, deploying, supporting, and monitoring using industry standard tooling, to truly work in a DevOps capacity.
Whilst working in a collaborative environment you are going to meet a variety of different people who, like you, have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
As a part of the team, you will have the opportunity to influence how they grow as a delivery centre and how they do things by sharing ideas and working with others to make things better.
What you'll need to succeed
The Ideal candidate for this will have strong technical competencies in all of the following:
- Spring Boot
- Open-source integration frameworks
- TDD, Unit testing and automated integration testing
- Experience of building RESTful APIs in Spring boot
- Experience of building loosely coupled synchronous and asynchronous microservices
- Good working knowledge of Spring JPA, AOP, Transactions, SQL and NoSQL databases, containers and container management platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience of Cloud based infrastructure is desirable, along with an understanding of application security principles, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- As a well-rounded Agile Software Engineer, we expect adaptability plus general skills in problem solving, business analysis, quality assurance, application design and architecture to compliment your Java development specialism.
- In an Agile environment communication is key and therefore professionalism, good communication skills and approachable team members are key factors.
What you'll get in return
- Private Health Care
- Pension contributions
- DIS Cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- High street Discount voucher
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Amplify your job search: