Clinical Data Modeller
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Aspect Resources
Role: Clinical Data Modeller
Location: Cardiff - (Can be fully remote - may be very occasional office visit/s required)
Rate: £549/day (Umbrella)
Duration: 4 Months
- HL7 FHIR - important
- SNOMED CT understanding
- Defining clinical content - Desirable
- Clinical data and processes.
- Design of applications and data structures
- Going to have to have the comms skills, work with stakeholders, talk about complex matters and simplify for different audiences
- Systems analyst and design.
Working as part of the portfolio and programme team, the successful candidates will be working with a team of project staff to deliver a series of FHIR (Fast health interoperability resources) profiles to support medicines interoperability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will act as a Senior Clinical Modeller will and lead on the production of clinical models for use within digital medicines applications. Clinical models will be based on the FHIR profiles (R4).
Duties include the creation and maintenance of the following resources
- Medication Request
- Medication Order
- Medication Administration
Senior Clinical modellers will work with business analysts, clinicians, interoperability specialists and application developers to identify requirements for clinical models through research and business analysis methodologies. Wherever possible they will seek to meet these requirements using existing standards, and adapting or developing where these do not exist.
Senior Clinical Modellers will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining the library of FHIR profiles.
- Identification of those elements that need to be included in the new model along with associated value-sets, terminology bindings and information standards. Where similar elements exist in other archetypes, they will use design governance and change management to avoid unwarranted variations, to facilitate both consistent user experience and interoperability.
- Design the specification of clinical data models for use by others, utilising custom tooling to be able to build archetypes for both software creation and inspection of models created by others.
- Work with developers to assist with and assure the development of the FHIR profiles required by their applications, ensuring that existing templates are used where appropriate and promoting consistency and transparency of usage to facilitate testing and maintenance.
- Develop a network of collaborative relationships with relevant wider communities of practice such as the PRS Band the national and international OpenEHR & FHIR communities (eg the FHIR UK Core), seeking to collaborate and share the outputs of their work with the community.
- Work with national clinical networks and groups to support a greater understanding of the role clinical models play, and the ability to reduce variation in clinical data used within digital applications.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of new standards technologies, understanding the potential benefits they may have in systems development and the way those systems impinge upon patient care.
- Keep abreast of new standards, clinical guidelines and academic research across the domain of clinical data interoperability, for example establishing where clinical best practise lies, and to evidence why the structure of clinical models is appropriate.
- Advanced understanding and interpret current legislation and health policies and their impact on products the post holder is responsible for(eg medical device regulation).
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources.
Amplify your job search: