HPC Solution Architect
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Project Recruit
HPC Solution Architect
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services requires an HPC Solution Architect based at their client's offices in Gaydon/West Midlands, UK
This is a hybrid role - you may work some days remotely.
Some out of hours support may be required
This is a 6+ Month temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive market rate
We are looking for an HPC Solution Architect with strong hands-on experience of configuring and installing new nodes, storage, infrastructure components, and HPC software.
- Management of HPC clusters, job schedulers, research storage, and other infrastructure and technologies.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize HPC nodes
- Hands-on configuring and installing new nodes, storage, infrastructure components, and HPC software.
- Linux systems administration (building software, run-time environment configuration, performance monitoring, and Shell tools/Scripting).
- Technology support and advice for pre-project/initiative work.
- Providing the customers with a reasoned and technologically sound set of solution options from which one can be selected to meet the business need.
- Support IT Architecture team and customers on technology identification, evaluation, selection, and technical capability verification for HPC environment.
- Solution design options for new initiatives, produce High Level Designs for each option adhering to Technology principles and standards, and support Project Managers with the Technical ROM costs.
- Detailed level design of the selected technical options from the Select phase of an initiative through Planning, Build and Run.
- Perform a gap analysis of any technical and security gaps on the current end-to-end architecture and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Participate in technical workshops and planning meetings.
- 5-8 years' experience required .
- Proven track record with several levels of storage technology, including cloud based, on-premises shared, and high-performance parallel filesystem technologies
- Robust understanding of management and performance optimization techniques associated with large-scale computing systems
- Robust understanding of Linux, SuSE, Windows OS
- Experience of working in an agile manner (Devsecops/Devops)
- Experience in managing Low to complex Design and architectural changes
- Hands-on experience with workload management softwares ie LSF, OGS, etc.
- Skilled at influencing stakeholders with regards to best practice in HPC environments
- Strong Communication and Documentation Skills
- Client Facings
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Amplify your job search: