Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Ortolan group
This is a UK-based remote role, with occasional team days at our offices in Market Harborough, Leicestershire
Salary: up to £25,000 + benefits
Hours: full-time, 09:00 - 17:00 (start/finish times may vary)
Holiday: 23 days plus public holidays
We are looking for someone to join our support team in providing first and second line support for our bespoke business management systems and related software, which includes desktop applications, mobile applications, and web-based and tablet-based solutions as well as the cloud infrastructure on which some customers are hosted. The successful applicant will be self-motivated, a quick learner, adept at problem-solving, and enjoy interacting with both customers and colleagues. The ability to commit to a role is critical.
- Answering the support telephone line
- Providing initial response to all requests for support, either by phone or email
- Liaising with the team to ensure incidents are prioritised and handled appropriately
- Where possible, resolving support requests
- Where support requests cannot be resolved, escalating issues to the development team with appropriate information about each issue.
- Recording and analysing support usage details using our FreshDesk software
- Creating and contributing to procedures for handling recurring support requests
- Monitoring and reviewing technical support performance to identify areas for improvement
- Sending software updates to customers as required
- Assisting with and contributing to the testing of software releases and updates
- Assisting with and contributing to specification documentation as required
- Previous demonstrable experience of end-user software support in a client-facing role
- Excellent inter-personal skills - must enjoy dealing with people at all levels
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Resilience, flexibility and an ability to 'think around the subject'
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Familiar with current versions of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Basic understanding of concepts such as SMTP, MAPI, JSON, SQL
- Familiar with remote support tools, eg Team Viewer, RDP
- General interest in technology concepts and trends
Solutions in IT. have been providing specialist software and IT. solutions for the electro-mechanical repair, sales and service industry for over 25 years, since the creation of our EMiR product back in 1994.
Our EMiR software has grown to have some 2,000 users across 3 continents, during this period, from the UK, Ireland, Dubai, South Africa and Asia, and have market leading products in this, our only, target sector.
We pride ourselves on providing a quality service at each stage of a customer's order, from sales through to specification, development (if necessary), testing, training and implementation as well as production support/maintenance.
We provide telephone and email support all year round, and advise and help with all IT. matters.
Please apply with a CV.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Amplify your job search: