Network Security Engineer
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Oliver James Associates
We are looking for an experienced Network Security Engineer to join a globally reputable organisation that is currently going through a big period of growth! This technology leading group is working to bring the rest of technology in-house and therefore you're joining a new & business critical team!
Innovation is at the heart of their global technology function and as a member of this team you will use leading technologies as well as improving processes to further improve the business.
This will be a broad role, acting as an escalation point as well as working on projects - having oversight over all Network Security issues!
- Operational Support of Network Perimeter Security technologies; Fortinet, Checkpoint, and Trend Micro
- Broad role including Firewall, network address translation, routing, and intrusion detection/prevention systems etc
- Identify service impact, interpret monitors, dashboards, and logs; Work with senior team members to validate impacts and communicate all impacts to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Promote and enforce production governance during triage/testing and fix efforts, exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions
- Must adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures.
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, vulnerabilities, and opportunities for improvement, and take ownership of escalation
- Responsible for data quality and completion of incident tickets, including ensuring all impacts are accurately recorded and documented in the system of record.
- Good knowledge and experience with; Proxy/Threat Prevention, DDI, Load Balancing, AAA
- Good knowledge and experience with load balancers
- Experience with other network technologies such as; WAN, MAN, LAN, Optical, Routing and Switching etc
- Experience in Networking-related disciplines within a design, implementation, or operations role
- Experience operating various Firewall platforms (Checkpoint, Fortinet, Trend Micro, Palo Alto SD-WAN Zone Firewall)
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of Networking issues, effectively resolving or escalating
- Experience working in an Agile environment is desired
- General experience in Network Automation tools and processes is desired
Due to the nature of the role, you will be supported to become a subject matter expert in Networking and Security and will be kept current with various technologies, organisational goals, and industry trends to drive end to end value.
With their being multiple roles available within this new team we are open to speaking to people with different levels of experience! With clear progression lines this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career!
If this role sounds like something of interest to you, please click apply or email (see below) for more details.
Must be with commutable distance of Chester for a hybrid working approach.
Amplify your job search: