Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Resource Solutions - GSC
12 month contract
A position has arisen for an experienced Perl engineer to work on a new requirement for infrastructure maintenance and development. This role will require a self-sufficient individual, capable of working in a complex environment building new functionality and maintaining existing infrastructure required to support the environment.
- The role will be for an infrastructure developer/engineer and you'll be working on various database related infrastructure/automation projects that will require the development or maintenance of modules/scripts using Perl, ksh and python.
- Development of unit level testing and integration testing.
- Be a result-driven individual who is able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstate a strong track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- History of delivering Perl based solutions for large scale mission critical production infrastructure
- Strong Unix Shell Scripting (in particular Korn Shell)
- Good Python Shell Scripting
- Experience of revision control systems. Projects will use GIT but knowledge of other control systems a plus.
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with our existing Perl/ksh/python based infrastructure
- Understanding Scripting is a core requirement.
. Good database knowledge
. A good understanding of Linux RH (6,7,8)
. Knowledge of Docker or some form of container technology is a plus
. Knowledge of common IT processes, including ITIL and SDLC
. Knowledge of working in an agile environment
Amplify your job search: