Head of Data
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Tank Recruitment Limited
Head of Data
Permanent - Fully Remote
On behalf of a key client we are resourcing for a permanent, fully remote Head of data to join their outstanding company.
My client has rapidly grown over the last 2 years and are looking to mimic this over the next 2 years as well.
Our client works with commercial and residential installation companies and are a fast-moving business that responds quickly to any market changes supported by its bespoke ERP system and database and team.
The Head of Data will own the Company data strategy and roadmap delivery to get maximum value from data and underpin the company growth strategy. You will own delivery of a highly optimised insight, Business Intelligence and data engineering capability. Driving automation, uptake and adoption of best practice techniques such as data science features to drive increasingly prescriptive/predictive analytics will be critical to success in the role.
You will be an experienced Head of Data, Data Manager or Technical Lead with ambition to take on more responsibility. You will be commercially minded with excellent problem-solving skills, a strong background in maths and data manipulation. You will be highly communicative and collaborative, acting as a trusted advisor to the leadership team with respect to data.
- To manage the delivery of the data warehouse and analytics capability, including data pipelines. Snowflake, dashboards and other endpoints which present Real Time company performance and predicts outcomes to enable better decision making.
- To own the roadmap for data and analytics to make our client the industry leader in terms of ways of working and data led decision making.
- To leverage predictive analytics and ML to enable better insights.
- Automate all data processes
- To oversee and continually improve data and analytics service delivery, including incidents, service requests, enhancements and projects.
- To own and manage the data and analytics budget, resourcing, suppliers and people (currently a team of 6 plus ~5 contractors).
- To act as the interpreter sitting between strategic stakeholders and data.
- To assure stable and high velocity service delivery while maximising the potential of the career development within the team, skills management and succession planning.
- To be a subject matter expert in the desired business outcomes and strategic reporting needs to enable it.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships around the business to develop a data strategy for how data will inform key business objectives.
- Be responsible for overall data quality, managing corrupt data and working with owners of source system data and data engineering to resolve issues at source.
- To monitor and steer the activities and behaviours of the wider analyst community, ensuring compliant and productive working practices.
- Establish methods (automated and manual) which improve visibility across the activities of analysts across the business against a set of defined strategic goals.
- Continuous monitoring of product-related technical debt, working alongside the developers to ensure that sprints have an appropriate mix of new functionality, fixes and on demands changes.
- Define and document clear data-model requirements to deliver our data strategy.
- To build predictive models which pinpoint causality of business issues and opportunities (senior).
Requirement and skills
- Significant experience leading change, previously acting as a head of data, data manager or lead analyst/engineer with the ambition to take on more responsibility.
- Strong technical background within at least one data discipline.
- Strong using PowerBI or similar data visualisation tools.
- Strong with Excel using dataflows, Microsoft Query, PowerQuery.
- Office 365 - SharePoint online, Teams - Pages, Libraries, Lists.
- Experienced using SQL and Python languages for data analysis.
- Familiar with and interested in relational, NoSQL and graph databases.
- Highly literate and numerate.
- Stakeholder management and facilitation of decisions of all sizes.
- Strong presentation skills for engaging senior stakeholders.
- Logistics and supply chain experience
- Microsoft PowerAutomate
- Experience with python as a tool for data analysis (pandas and NumPy).
- Exposure to data science technologies including R
- Familiar with Cloud-based data platforms and their advantages.
- Clickup demand planning
- Experience of working with both Front End and Back End tech teams to deliver projects
- A genuine interest in sustainability and a desire to save the planet using technology
To be considered for this role please apply with your full CV and contact details or call Mathew on (see below)
Amplify your job search: