First Line/Service Desk analyst
Posted on Jan 4, 2023 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
First Line/Service Desk analyst.
hours: 07:00- 20:00 7.5 hour shift working 5 days on 2 days off
security clearance: ability to undergo BPSS checks
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk/First Line support analyst to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Peterborough.
As a Service Desk analyst you will be:
Responsible For Answering incoming contacts from clients
Accurately log incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident.
To provide a single point of contact to our clients
Ensuring incidents are fully managed through to resolution.
Working shifts patterns to cover service hours.
Responsible To Service Operations Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
* 1st Line Support of Software/Hardware related incidents.
* Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured.
* Direct first hand ticket ownership.
* Regularly update incidents logged on the ITSM and manage the ticket assigned to your group.
* Maintain a high level of First Contacts Fixes.
* Proactively keep customers informed on an incident/request status and progress.
* Escalate incidents to the relevant resolver group where first time fix is not possible.
* Adapting and keeping up to date with current standard procedures.
* Proactively maintain and develop technical knowledge.
* Escalate potential service/problem issues initially with the relevant management/departments.
* Act as a role model for new members of the team and assist with training where required.
Knowledge & Experience
* Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
* Excellent time keeping.
* Excellent spoken/written communication skills.
* Relevant Customer service skills
* Previous experience within an IT support environment.
* Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (ie MCP/CCNA/CompTIA)
* Ideally Experienced in the following:
o Windows Operating Systems
o Application troubleshooting (Teams, Outlook, Word etc)
o Hardware troubleshooting (desktop, laptop, phones)
o Remote Support
o Customer Service
* Experienced in the following desirable:
o MS Administration of AD, Exchange, O365
o MDM (such as Intune)
* Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
* Experience of working to SLAs, KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is desirable.
* Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
* Effective communication skills.
* Ability to take ownership of incidents and progress to resolution.
* Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues
in a calm and polite manner.
* Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
* Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
* Creative troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
* Passionate, professional, with a 'can-do' attitude at all times
* Proactive thinking
So if you are a Service Desk analyst looking for your next exciting career move apply now!
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Amplify your job search: