Business Process Analyst
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Business Process Analyst (BPA) is responsible for providing system analytics for the IT Organization to ensure the delivery of sound IT system(s) solutions and process improvements. The BPA furnishes the function with planning, conducting and executing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with improved business processes and/or system enhancements/automation. In addition, the BPA provides technical and functional assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems solutions/procedures that are cost effective and meet end user requirements.
This position will act as a liaison between key stakeholders within the organization and with technology solutions across all applications and software systems. This Business Process Analyst will be responsible for transforming and implementing solutions to existing technological and analytical business processes for the North America Supply Chain domain. The focus will be integrating all current systems to deliver maximum efficiency and business value.
The position's primary function will be to:
- Understand current business processes with the North America Sales & Pricing domain across all applications and solutions (JD Edwards, CRM, SharePoint, etc.)
- Assess our current various process changes and the resulting impact on workflows
- Capture, analyze, and document system requirements while supporting the communication and delivery of requirements to relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with Customer Service Operations to identify opportunities to leverage technology to drive efficiencies that will reduce cycle time, increase inventory turns, and provide key productivity improvements.
- Drive standardized business processes among sales and pricing systems/functions to simplify business processes.
- Work closely with management to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs and translate these needs to functional systems requirement documents and design specifications. Then refine conceptual systems design requirements into high-level technical design document(s).
- Provide IT leadership for the sales and pricing systems by developing project plans, obtaining business approvals, risk assessment analysis, implementation of changes, and overall project management to ensure goals are accomplished within prescribed time frame and cost.
- Responsible for the configuration of JD Edwards Sales and Pricing module (V9.1 or higher) system(s) including Advanced Pricing, Purchasing, Inventory, S&D Reporting and Analysis
- Manage the overall testing process and project to production change management life cycle. This role combines JDE S&D systems subject matter expertise and seasoned business analyst skills. To this end, the resource will have responsibility to conduct gap analysis, coordination of gap closure through development of business process changes, conference room pilots integration testing, system implementation and post production support.
- Provide end user support, lead documentation of end user manuals, and to train end users
- Manage JDE system bugs; analyze root cause of problems and provide direction for work-arounds, corrections and enhancements.
- Create functional requirements document(s). Work directly with end users to obtain requirements and translate the information into a functional requirements document for development towards a technical requirements document.
- Serve as the lead for specific sections of a large-scale implementation and manage (plan, motivate, execute and report) all efforts related to the project.
- Serve as the primary contact to end users for fielding support-related requests. Log, track, resolve and report support issues to management.
- Support the needs of line management with enhanced JDE S&D system capabilities.
- Provide support to all areas of the Distribution module within JD Edwards, to include Sales, Pricing, Customer Service, & Order Date Management.
- Design systems by analysing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing specifications
- Define business needs and translate into system requirements while clearly defining the scope of the solution.
- Define project requirements, monitor project progress, identify project milestones, phases, elements, establish project budget, publish progress reports and recommend actions
- Develop, coordinate, test, and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends
- Liaise, train, coach and provide support to Super Users
- Responsible for creating user training materials and train users during all phases of implementation
- Cross-verify through all systems and functions to streamline global process, avoid redundancies and provide resolutions
- Education: BS/BA in Computer Science or related area.
- 5 - 7 years as JDE Enterprise One (v.9.1 or greater) Sales and Pricing Systems Analyst experience required
- Some travel is required to complete project tasks related to gathering data, training, implementation and support
- 5 years' experience in ability to configure in JDE Enterprise One v9.2 Sales and Pricing modules.
- Proven track record in successfully implementing ERP solutions (JD Edwards) in the area of Pricing and Sales modules.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience serving as a systems analyst (Lead), for large-scale ERP system implementations.
- Must have strong understanding of software development process from design, requirements gathering, analysis, deployment, testing methodologies, training, change management and production support.
- Strong customer service skills and exceptional communication skills
- Solid understanding of business practices with fundamental conceptual understanding of project management methodology.
- Business experience with MS Office applications (required; PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project).
- Ability to maintain a business perspective in the establishment of project priorities.
Ability to communicated (Oral/Written) effectively and coordinate action with all levels of the organization.
- This role must be able to lead process mapping exercise and process skills to motivate, lead, and develop team members assigned to this area
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Individual should be business oriented, self-motivated, inquisitive and highly creative.
- Employee/user training experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be task oriented
- Proficient in problem solving, requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
Amplify your job search: