Senior Data Engineer (GCP)
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Method Resourcing Solutions Ltd
Senior Data Engineer | Python | SQL | GCP | BigQuery | Data Studio | ETL | DBT | Stitch | Fivetran | Singer | £50-£70,000
Method Resourcing are currently working with a Media Publication company based in London that report on the world of data and provide publications to over 300,000 data professionals all over the world! After receiving an injection of external capital in recent months, they are ready to organically expand their business!
They are looking to bring on a Senior Data Engineer to really strengthen their data team and help create a single source of truth for their data sources and prepare the business for an increase in demand for their services.
A brief overview of the core responsibilities include:
- Involvement within a mix of both BAU and greenfield projects, with lead responsibilities around technical design and implements of data products, leading best practices and ensuring appropriate delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting data integrations with both internal and external tools to extract and load data into our data warehouse.
- Developing scripts and tools to support data management processes such as one-time data migrations, data cleanup and statistical analysis.
- Cleaning, enriching and maintaining our datasets
- Providing visibility into the key business metrics through Business Intelligence analysis
- Enhancing our data infrastructure, while keeping scale and cost in mind
- Maintaining our data warehouse, ensuring it is organised, available and secure
- Identifying needs from the Analyst team and fulfilling them to enable data-driven decisions and reporting
- Testing and documenting our data infrastructure
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to understand, extend and build new Python scripts/tools for data extraction
- Experience with other languages used in data processing considered
- Understanding of SQL and how to write and optimise queries
- RDBMS concepts such as views
- Writing tools to extract and process data from REST APIs
- Data warehouses - eg Big Query
- ETL tools including Stitch/Singer and dbt
- Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of testing and documentation practices
Please not that this role does NOT provide Visa Sponsorship - many apologies.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now, I look forward to speaking with you.
Amplify your job search: