Data Engineer - UK Wide
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Capgemini
Note: Candidate must be SC Eligible and Must be resident of UK for more than 5 years. No sponsorship provided.
Location Hybrid working, Any UK Based locationThe job on offer
You'll be working with our "Data and Analytics" delivery centre of Capgemini's Public Sector business. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of our client's business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on fraud, and respond to current Covid challenges.
This role is a unique chance to design, develop, test and support data and analytics software solutions, delivering key critical systems to the public sector.
You will be part of an Agile software delivery team working closely with software architects and supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects.
- You will work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
- You will work on the full range of software engineering principles; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
- You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
You should have experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale data analytics solutions and the ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering life cycle, as well as some experience in the following:
- ETL toolset (Talend, Pentaho, SAS DI, Informatica etc)
- Datamodelling (Data Warehouse, Marts)
- CI/CD toolsets (Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Awareness of devops culture and modern engineering practices
- Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
- Proactive in nature, personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills including stakeholder management
Why Capgemini is Unique
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements. Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini's unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform 'Next' and our 'Learning for all' mindset.
Get the Future You Want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask.
But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. .
A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible.
It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses.
And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want.
And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is.
Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Amplify your job search: